Search This Blog

Friday, June 21, 2013

Trainee life


1. It depends on the entertainment. Some let you go individually, by yourself, but others make you go in groups of 10 or less. You stand on a line and do your audition. If you are good, or they like you, they do a camera test which you turn in certain angles so they can examine your face (even if they say 'looks don't count', honestly, looks do.). Don't wear anything too flashy. Don't wear clothes from your favourite kpop group (ie. SNSD shirts, Big Bang hoodiesm etc.). But that being said, don't dress in sweats (unless its necessary because you're going to dance or do aerobics so you need stretchy pants). Wear Jeans and a comfortable T-Shirt.

2. Again, that also depends on the entertainment. Usually there are 2, but I know some entertainments have 3. There is a first audition, then a second one with the ones who got a callback, and then you become a trainee. But being a trainee is a part of your third audition, because they can drop you if you are not doing well, or you can drop out because it's tiring. In the end, there are about 20 trainees, and only 3-6 get chosen, unless it's a big group that have 9-12 people.

3. If you are from overseas, they let you live in dorms for "free" - they deduct money of days you've spent from your paycheck after you debut (that's what happened to DBSK, I did some research on Korean websites and apparently that's one of the reasons they've left SM). You can stay with your parents if they also live in Korea. The dorms are located elsewhere, depending on the entertainment..

4. If they lived in Korea and attended school and then became a trainee, they can continue going to the same school. You mean people who don't know Korean? People who are new to the Korean language go to an International school.

5. There is competition, but at the same time, you guys are friends and you're all working together to get better and improve with each other. They can help each others complexions and even if they are all against each other to become the "last winning survivor", they are all like family (especially if you live in the same dorm with them and live everyday with each other).

6. JYP and Cube. YG is the most family-ish entertainment but they go through harsh trainings. SM is good, but you don't get much allowances as other Entertainments, sort of like a slave-contract (lol sm fans will probably hate me for saying that, but blame my cousin, he said it so himself, and he has sm trainee friends).

7. The will to learn. The potential to improve. Loving what you do. Trying your best at all times. And appearances.

8. Upsides: you get experience and make many nice friends who have the same interest as you, and you have a possibility to become famous. Downsides: tiring training, competitions all the time, and if you do bad, they can drop you from their entertainment so all the hard work goes to waste (If short, 2~4 years. If long, they train you for 6~8 years).

 

23 comments:

  1. Location : Korea FNC Academy

    (Ho Seong Building, dongja-dong mapo-gu, Seoul )

    Audition Time: 4/24(四)14:00

    Participants: Overseas applicants

    How to resister:

    info@fncglobalcenter.com

    *Please inform which course you want to enroll

    ( One week course or Audition course).

    http://www.fncglobalcenter.com/cn/main/main.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ,I am from Iran and my nationality is Canadian and Iranian. And I am 15 years old . Can I audition for kpop idol ?
    I can sing a little but my dance is very nice and cool . MY face is nice too .
    I want to know can I audition for kpop idol ?
    Thanks if you reply me .


    Negar sepehrizadeh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes of course , U could go to an global audition or visit seoul and go to an monthly audition.

      Delete
  3. I'm from the Philippines, I'm 12, girl, 160cm, I can dance, I think I'm passable in singing, compose songs and make musics. But I just look ordinary compared to idols and I don't think I can't handle 8-16 hours of training everyday. Can I go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course! But the training is necessary and you will only get 4-6 hours of sleep because of the added on homework time. If you are extremely passionate about music, I'd say go for it! (I'm also contemplating whether or not I should audition too lol) For the appearance, maybe audition for a company like YG or Jyp, where the requirements aren't so big on looks. Unless you are okay with plastic surgery, maybe try SM.

      Delete
  4. Hi I am a female and I am 17. Do u think I still can go for the audition??
    I am from Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! If you are great at dancing and singing you can but if you are not that good then you definitely won't be selected because most of the k pop idols start their training from the age's of 10 , 13 ,14 ,16 etc now you're probably 18 and yeah go for it if you're really passionate about it

      Delete
  5. I want to asked is that can u told the person that I do not wished to do any plastic surgery on my face? To the ceo or whatver ? As because if destroy my natural and ordinary face its felts so.sad like it I not me. Do u think the person would be angry?

    Did all stars went for plastic surgery??

    All kinds of idols in all entertainment rven those not famous entertainment companies also got did plastic surgery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nothing is not possible if you say to the CEO or the Entertainment

      Delete
  6. I want to asked is that can u told the person that I do not wished to do any plastic surgery on my face? To the ceo or whatver ? As because if destroy my natural and ordinary face its felts so.sad like it I not me. Do u think the person would be angry?

    Did all stars went for plastic surgery??

    All kinds of idols in all entertainment rven those not famous entertainment companies also got did plastic surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I am a female and I am 17. Do u think I still can go for the audition??
    I am from Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm a 20 years old female. Do you think I can still have a chance to debut? and Is it easier for me when I became a trainee after finishing college? cause they said you have to wake up early to be able to go to school and train after, but in my case, I'm from the Philippines and I already finished schooling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi im from Philippines (12yrs old,155cm,45kg) and i really want to become a kpopstar, but the thing is...Umm...according to sorn ,she said that there are many lessons such as DANCE LESSON ,ACTING LESSONS SINGING LESSON ,ETC. and there is also a language lessons.

    she said that some trainee has japanese and english while her's is mandarin and korean!
    do companies really need to train them languages(except korean if, if he/she is ALREADY A KOREAN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think they make you choose if you can only speak only 1 language then you need to learn but if you can speak more than 1 language you can choose if you want to learn any other language other than korean, we can make a groupchat for all the auditionees , my ig is nandita5080, if u have that kind of chat can you plz add me or send me a request on ig we can together help each other on audition related things

      Delete
  10. Hello, I'm from America(13yrs old, 158 cm, and 62kg)I'm fairly good at dancing and rap, and I'm okay at singing. I'm currently working on my weigh loss, and I practice everyday! Do you think I'll be a suitable trainee just by the information given?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I'm from America(14 years old almost 15 well in like in 3 months, I don't how tall i was like 5'4).I'm fairly good at singing and i'm learning to dance now. Do you thinking i can be a kpop idol and do they care about skin tone?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, I wanted to audition in Pledis Entertainment this year or next year by sending them an Email application and Video audition, but I'm just worried because I'm underage born 2001 and still studying how am I suppose to live my trainee life IF ever i got a call back because I'm from the Philippines , Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi i wanna know if your a trainee from overseas do they let you live in a dorm with other trainees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you share your room atleas with 1 more trainees

      Delete
  14. If you audition for JYP ent and your from overseas and you dont have family in korea do they let you stay in dorms for free and do you have to pay for food yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I am from Philippines and 13 years of age. I really want to pursue my dream becoming a kpop star. I want to go under YG or JYP. What if I pass the online audition and go for the next round at Korea, who will help me do paperworks like passport, visa, things like that?? and... Will someone from the company assist me on the process? Or I have to do it myself with the help of family?

    ReplyDelete
  16. they will probably help you , also my ig is nandita5080, message me I also want to go under yg maybe we can help each other with that

    ReplyDelete