Search This Blog

Friday, June 21, 2013

JYP taining system


JYP Entertainment: passion is the most important

“Sincerity and passion, like what Wonder Girls’ Sunye and Lim Jeong Hee has shown, are the most important.”

For Park Jin Young, an applicant’s passion is the most important. JYP explained before that in order to become a star, he/she must have the passion to sing, the passion to dance, and the passion to be the best.

JYP Entertainment opens auditions every 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month, in which more than 1,000 hopefuls participate per Sunday. Three important criteria are taken into consideration in selecting trainees. They are passion, star quality and skills.

A JYPE official part of the artist development team revealed that Lim Jeong Hee failed twice in public auditions and it was her passion to become a singer that gave her the push to finally make it in her 3rd audition. This official also mentioned that Wonder Girl’s member Sunye trained and never gave up for 7 years.

The following are the JYPE training process according to an official in the artist development team:

How are trainees selected?

Last year, a large-scale nationwide trainee audition was done with the help of Mgoon. Applicants submit a video introducing themselves and showing their skills in dancing and sining. They have to pass a local preliminary contest then go on to a nationwide preliminary contest and those who pass the finals become trainees.

Applicants are processed on a first-come-first-served basis during public auditions held every 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month. Trainees are recruited in a lot of ways like public auditions, Internet auditions and recommendations/referrals.

How many apply during auditions?

About 1,000 applicants usually come on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month. However, trainees are not chosen weekly because if no one catches the attention of audition masters, then no one will be accepted.

During last year’s nationwide audition (JYPE and Mgoon), 5 passed as trainees and 2 of them are Jang Woo Young and Yoon Doo Jun, who are now featured in the cable program “Hot Blood Boys.”

This year, the 2nd nationwide audition took place with more than 12,000 participants. 32 applicants have managed to reach the finals but only 4 are planned to remain as trainees.

What do trainees go through?

Trainees undergo vocal, dance, foreign language and other trainings. Training process differs as each trainee has specific weaknesses and strengths.

How long do trainings take?

Trainee life may last for as long as 7 years or as short as 2 years. Wonder Girls member Sunmi and Joo debuted after 2 years and Sunye and Lim Jeong Hee only debuted after 7 years.

5 comments:

  1. hello ! ! i am a dreamer guy dream to be star i try to do my best always and work so hard because my ambitious is so high and strong ! ! but recently i have just one little problem and i wish somebody help me ! ! please ! ! i wanna send audition mail to kpop company's but the audition page on the company's website in korean and it cant translate because its an image so i cant understand the terms and condition ! ! as example the audition page of jyp entertainment website ! i just need some one help me to get my dream ! i need some body translate to me or some thing like photo translator with Korean language ! and i will never forget that for you ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello ! ! i am a dreamer guy dream to be star i try to do my best always and work so hard because my ambitious is so high and strong ! ! but recently i have just one little problem and i wish somebody help me ! ! please ! ! i wanna send audition mail to kpop company's but the audition page on the company's website in korean and it cant translate because its an image so i cant understand the terms and condition ! ! as example the audition page of jyp entertainment website ! i just need some one help me to get my dream ! i need some body translate to me or some thing like photo translator with Korean language ! and i will never forget that for you ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! My name is Bella. I am 12 years old and I am mostly fluent in Korean (About 50%)
    I have passion. Every single day I wake up and go running around my neighborhood. I workout and then go to school. While I'm at school, I have a korean book that I read in-between classes and during free time. I practice my singing and dancing every second I get even if I can only squeeze in one note.
    I do have the potential. But I am not Asian...I have blue eyes and brown hair. So, I don't think I can even try to pass as Asian :c
    But I really do have passion.
    I've also been taking care of my skin and body to create a better image for myself.
    My top 5 companies that I would like to work with:
    1.) JYP
    2.) YG
    3.) NHmedia
    4.) CUBE
    5.) Pledis
    Are there any companies that might accept me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bella! well my opinion is to try to finish in your case I personally would recommend auditioning for JYP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Skylar and I am 13 years old. I have brown hair and brown eyes but I'm not asian. I want to audition for a company though I'm not sure which one. My dream is to be a Kpop Idol because I love singing and dancing. Can someone help me figure out which Kpop company I will be best to audition for?

    ReplyDelete